Harriet advises founders, funds and investors on all aspects of VC transactions and corporate scaling up.
Harriet has extensive experience advising both management teams and institutional investors in global growth capital transactions. Prior to MJ Hudson, Harriet worked at international law firms, Hogan Lovells and Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, and as Director of Legal & Investments for a China-focused private equity firm. She was previously based in Hong Kong, New York and the Cayman Islands.
Education and Qualifications
- MA (Oxon) University of Oxford; MS University of Columbia in the State of New York; Higher Rights of Audience in the Courts of England & Wales (Solicitor Advocate)
- Overseeing the management restructuring of the $1billion Trophy Property Development Fund, and the external restructuring of its assets across China.
- Corporate legal counsel to Ocado Group PLC.
- Advising the New York hedge fund Investcorp regarding civil litigation proceedings in the Cayman Islands, with a specialist focus on the application of leveraged finance.
- Advising UBS with regards to its internal investigations into LIBOR price-fixing allegations.
Harriet is an Emmy-nominated documentary filmmaker and photographer, most recently working for HBO in New York.